Call us now ! Send us an email Peachtree Rd Atlanta United States

Back to Top

Call Us Today for a Consultation

Frequently Asked Questions About Legal Services in Atlanta

How is child custody determined?
The court will listen to the evidence and determine custody on the best interests of the child.
Will I be required to pay alimony?
Maybe. Alimony is a fact-specific issue based upon a party’s need and the other party’s ability to pay in addition to other factors, such as the length of the marriage, the conduct of the parties and so on.
What is the least expensive type of divorce?
If you and your spouse agree to the division of assets and debts, the custody of your children, the parenting time, child support and/or alimony, you should consider an uncontested divorce. If you do not agree on all points specific to the dissolution of your marriage, you do not have an uncontested divorce.
Do I have to disclose to my spouse that I hold a winning lottery ticket?
Yes. When it comes to the division of marital assets, the parties are required to fully disclose any interest in an asset. The court will determine if the asset is marital and how the asset is to be divided.
If you fail to disclose an asset (or interest therein), there may be a basis for future litigation.
Why should I hire a lawyer instead of a notary to file my divorce?
Lawyers are trained to identify all issues that must be included in your divorce paperwork. Lawyers are also trained to argue on your behalf, negotiate on your behalf, and have knowledge as to the rules of evidence and all legal requirements that notaries simply do not have. Additionally, lawyers are required to complete a minimum amount of legal education requirements per year so that they remain up to date on changes in the law. Lawyers must pass an extensive background check by the Georgia State Bar. Notaries, in contrast, have no mandatory legal training, no supervisory entity and cannot advocate for you in court. There is no recourse if a notary provides you with incorrect legal information or completes your paperwork incorrectly. You should never rely on a non-lawyer to obtain legal advice. 
Can I get a divorce if I do not know the whereabouts of my spouse?
Yes. If you have done a diligent search for your spouse, the court may allow you to proceed with a divorce by publication.
I never married the mother of my child. I pay child support, but she does not allow me to see my child. Do I have any rights?
If you did not seek and obtain an order on legitimation, you do not have any rights. Our attorneys will advise you on the best course of action in your case.
Why should I hire a lawyer for driving without a license or driving with a suspended license?
All traffic citations in Georgia are misdemeanors. The minimum sentence for driving without a license or driving with a suspended license is two days in jail. For non-citizen clients, this sentence can cause you to have an interaction with federal immigration authorities. Additionally, a conviction under this section can potentially affect your application for U.S. citizenship. Depending on the circumstance, a lawyer can potentially help you to avoid collateral immigration consequences from this charge.
A.B. Olmos & Associates P.C.
Druid Pointe Bldg.
2751 Buford Hwy., N.E. Suite 775
Atlanta, GA 30324

In Business Since 2006

Contact Info
Phone: 678-683-8500
Fax: 770-216-8550
Office Hours
9 a.m.-5:30 p.m.
Saturday: By Appointment Only
Social Media
Material presented on the A. B. Olmos website is intended for information purposes only. It is not intended as professional advice and should not be construed as such. The material presented on this site is included with the understanding and agreement that A. B. Olmos is not engaged in rendering legal or other professional services by posting said material. The services of a competent professional should be sought if legal or other specific expert assistance is required. Any unauthorized use of material contained herein is at the user’s own risk. Transmission of the information and material herein is not intended to create, and receipt does not constitute, an agreement to create an attorney-client relationship with A. B. Olmos or any member thereof. This website is not intended to be advertising and A. B. Olmos does not wish to present anyone desiring representation based upon viewing this website in any state or jurisdiction where this website fails to comply with all laws and ethical rules. This Website is not intended to constitute legal advice or the provision of legal services. By posting and/or maintaining this website and its contents. A. B. Olmos does not intend to solicit legal business from clients located in states or jurisdictions where A. B. Olmos or its individual attorneys are not licensed or authorized to practice law. Some links within this website may lead to other sites. A. B. Olmos does not necessarily sponsor, endorse or otherwise approve of the materials appearing in such sites.
Georgia Minority Supplier Development Council